1/5 Photos of Swiss Styled Asparagus
Auntie Jan's Note:
If you like asparagus, you will love this. Fresh is always best as far as asparagus goes. This is for our FFF Contest This could be made with canned asparagus, just substitute your juice from the can in place of the chicken broth. 1 can of asparagus would be about right I think
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Melt butter in a sauce pan.
- 3Add flour and mix until incorporated.
- 4Add your milk to the flour mixture.
- 5Add broth and simmer until thickened, remember to poor in slowly.
- 6Add your cheese and put aside until you need it.
- 7Trim or peel asparagus and place into a oven proof dish.
- 8Pour your sauce over the asparagus and top with the breadcrumbs.
- 9Place dish in oven for about 15 minutes and serve nice and hot.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swiss Styled Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.1
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 63.9 mg
- Sodium 398.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 13.8 g