1/5 Photos of Swiss Pork Schnitzu (Schnitzel)
The article I got this from (in and old magazine at the Doc's office, don't remember which one, I browsed through at least a dozen while waiting) said that this is a typical Swiss dish cooked in many homes for family dinners.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless pork chops, 1/2 inch thick (1 pound total)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill or 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream (full fat)
- 1Use a meat hammer to pound the pork cutlets to 1/4-1/8 inch thickness. Cut small slits around the edges of the cutlets to prevent curling.
- 2Set out 3 shallow bowls. One with a mixture of the flour, salt, and pepper. The second with the egg and milk whisked together. The third with a mixture of the bread crumbs and paprika.
- 3Heat the oil in a large skillet on medium high heat. Dredge the cutlets first in the seasoned flour, then dip the cutlets in the egg mixture, and then into the mixture of bread crumbs and paprika.
- 4Working in batches, sauté the cutlets for 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove the cutlets from the skillet and cover with foil or place in a warm oven to keep warm.
- 5Add the chicken stock into the skillet to deglaze the pan, scraping the bottom of the pan to loosen the brown bits. In a small bowl mix the dill and salt into the sour cream. Stir the sour cream mixture into the chicken stock. Heat and stir until mixture thickens (do not let boil).
- 6Serve the cutlets with the sauce, and lemon slices if you like. .
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swiss Pork Schnitzu (Schnitzel)
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 582.0
- Calories from Fat 287
- Total Fat 31.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 187.8 mg
- Sodium 1218.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 47.0 g