From Gourmet Mag. Very simple and delicious vegetable dish
Make and share this Swiss Chard With Raisins and Pine Nuts recipe from Food.com.
- Tear chard leaves from stems, then coarsely chopped stem and leaves separately.
- Toast pine nuts in a heavy pot over moderate heat, stirring constantly until golden, about 1.5 to 2 minutes.
- Saute onion in oil for about 1 minute, then add chard stems and cook, stirring occasionally for 2 minute.
- Add raisins and 1/2 cup of water and simmer, covered, until stems are softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add chard leaves and remaining 1/2 cup of water and simmer, partially covered until leaves are tender, about 3 minutes. Serve immediately.