Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Gourmet Mag. Very simple and delicious vegetable dish
Make and share this Swiss Chard With Raisins and Pine Nuts recipe from Food.com.
- Tear chard leaves from stems, then coarsely chopped stem and leaves separately.
- Toast pine nuts in a heavy pot over moderate heat, stirring constantly until golden, about 1.5 to 2 minutes.
- Saute onion in oil for about 1 minute, then add chard stems and cook, stirring occasionally for 2 minute.
- Add raisins and 1/2 cup of water and simmer, covered, until stems are softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add chard leaves and remaining 1/2 cup of water and simmer, partially covered until leaves are tender, about 3 minutes. Serve immediately.
Very good, added 4 cloves of garlic and omitted at least half of the water. Also seasoned with salt and pepper.
I found this to be a little bland, even with the addition of salt and pepper. But it is definitely an easy, healthy recipe. I would consider making this again.
Tasty and easy. I made a few modifications, based on what I did and did not have on hand: Substituted beet greens for chard, walnuts for pine nuts, garlic for onion, whole jumbo purple raisins for chopped golden, and then added some goat cheese when it was all cooked up. Yum! ...I agree with MIssy Wombat that you can cut back on the water.