Recipe by Bergy
Low cal veggie, High iron. Great with the touch of Feta & Pine nuts. Don't overcook. You can include this in a Chinese meal as an exta vegetable dish
Top Review by Sue Lau
This was an excellent veggie dish! First, I was a shallot short, but I added some red onion to my shallot and that turned out well. And I cut back on the oil, only finding half as much to be necessary. You didn't say what to do with the stalks of the chard (I assumed they didn't go in), but I didn't want to waste them so I steamed them for 15 minutes and added them with the rest of the chard leaves. And then you know me..I put in more feta than called for!!!! :) This turned out great! The pine nuts were a nice touch, too. Good work, Bergy! You sure you're not an Iron Chef? ;)
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted to light brown
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 medium shallots, chopped finely
- 2 bunches red swiss chard or 2 bunches white swiss chard, rinsed well and torn into 2" pieces
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese (Use your favorite Type, cow or goat)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a wok heat the oil (medium heat).
- Add shallots; stir fry 1 minute or until just beginning to brown.
- Add Swiss Chard, toss and cover.
- Cook 2 minutes.
- Remove cover and cook about another minute.
- If there is any liqiud drain it off.
- Stir in the Feta cheese, cook 30 seconds or until it starts to melt.
- Add Pine nuts and season.
- Serve immediately.