Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This fondue goes particularly well with potatoes.
- 2 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 garlic clove
- 3⁄4 cup beer
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- Combine cheeses and cornstarch in a bag. Shake to make sure cheese is coated with cornstarch.
- Rub inside of pot with garlic clove cut in half. Discard garlic.
- Pour in beer. Warm until bubbles rise to the surface. Do not cover or boil.
- Remember to stir constantly from now one. Add a handful of cheeses, keeping the heat medium (do not boil), when melted add another handful. After all the cheese is melted and bubbling add a dash of pepper sauce. Transfer to fondue pot and keep warm over fondue burner.
- Note: If fondue becomes too thick add a bit of warmed beer. If it separates combine 1 T cornstarch and 2 T wine and stir into fondue.
Wow this was good. Used Boulevard Amber. Wonderful taste and consistency. This recipe is a keeper.
This is a great cheese fondue. I used 1 cup of swiss cheese and 1 cup of emmenthal cheese (and the cheddar cheese). I used Stella Artois for the beer and we added just a little bit more beer. The taste is wonderful. It was a bit thick so next time we will probably add more beer. Thanks Nyteglori :) Made for Best of 2011 tag game
We loved this variation on cheese fondue! I used Redbridge and served with a variety of vegetables, grilled potatoes, bread cubes, and smoked sausage. Thanks for sharing! ZWT7