Recipe by Boomette
A recipe from Rachael Ray. It's delicious. I made it but I think I didn't wait long enough before adding the fruit jam. So I didn't get a swirl. But it's still yummy :)
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
Not only is this a great tasting ice cream - it's so pretty. I used fresh garden raspberries and followed the directions, but after adding the jam like berries, threw in a handfull of fresh whole berries and it was so good. Can't wait to make it again with strawberries also. Sorry the photo is fuzzy, but the ice cream was perfect
- 3⁄4 cup frozen strawberries, thawed and halved (about 3 ounces)
- 2⁄3 cup frozen raspberries, thawed (about 3 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, combine the strawberries, raspberries, 1/4 cup sugar and a pinch of salt. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring, and cook until jamlike, about 10 minutes. Let cool, cover and refrigerate until cold, about 1 hour.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cream, milk, remaining 1/4 cup sugar and another pinch of salt until the sugar is dissolved; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Using an ice cream machine, process the cream mixture according to the manufacturer's instructions. Fold in the chilled berry mixture to make a swirl pattern and then transfer to an airtight container. Freeze until firm, about 4 hours.