Prep 10 mins
Cook 22 mins
From Company's Coming Most Loved Recipe Collection. Delicious!
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄8 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Beat first 5 ingredients in large bowl until light and creamy.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Add to margarine mixture. Stir until smooth.
- Add walnuts. Stir. Spread evenly in greased 9 x 9 inch pan.
- Scatter chips over top. Bake in 350F oven for 1 to 2 minutes until chips are very soft. Remove from oven. Swirl knife through batter to create marble effect. Return to oven. Bake for about 20 minutes until firm and wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Let stand in pan on wire rack until cool.
- Cuts into 36 squares.
These are great! I will turn to this again when I need a quick & easy recipe. I don't think there is any way I could get 36 servings out of it though! I only got 16 squares, and they were fairly small. That's fine with me though--its just me and DH so we don't need a huge pan of cookies. I will definitely make this again, thanks for posting Redsie! ETA that these got rather hard when cool and were not nearly so yummy at room temperature as they were right out of the oven. I highly recommend eating them right away or at least warming slightly in microwave before eating. Still a great recipe though!
This is a delicious recipe that is very easy to put together. I was very suprised how fast I had this made. I followed the recipe as written except left out the walnuts. DS doesn't like them and I wanted him to try these. He gave thumbs up, so this is a dessert that I'll be making again. Maybe DS will be making these next time!!LOL!!
Great recipe, this has the texture of a brownie, I used butter in place of margarine and increased the white sugar by 1/4 cup, thanks for sharing Reds!...Kitten:)