Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A simple and quick kid treat, based on one seen in American Girl magazine. Can even be made by the kid with a little supervision from Mom. Use the listed filling or any frosting of your choice, from container or home-made. Yield depends on size of cookies.
- Mix cake mix, shortening and egg together.
- Shape dough into 1" balls.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Flatten balls slightly until cracked around edges.
- Bake at 350 for 10-11 minutes, until slightly browned.
- Cool on racks.
- Mix filling ingredients together.
- Spread above filling or any frosting of your choice on flat side of cookie, add another cookie on top.