Recipe by Jezski
A simple and quick kid treat, based on one seen in American Girl magazine. Can even be made by the kid with a little supervision from Mom. Use the listed filling or any frosting of your choice, from container or home-made. Yield depends on size of cookies.
- 1 (18 ounce) box cake mix, your favorite flavor
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cake mix, shortening and egg together.
- Shape dough into 1" balls.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Flatten balls slightly until cracked around edges.
- Bake at 350 for 10-11 minutes, until slightly browned.
- Cool on racks.
- Mix filling ingredients together.
- Spread above filling or any frosting of your choice on flat side of cookie, add another cookie on top.