Prep 45 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This incredibly rich, incredibly good recipe goes over big with adults and kids alike. The combination of chocolate a peanut butter makes it a favourite in my family, hopefully it will in yours as well. Prep time includes some cooking, cook time includes refrigeration.
- 1 box chocolate cake mix (your favourite one will do)
- 2 bags peanut butter chips
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 boxes instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 1⁄2 cups milk, divided
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 4 nestle Crunch bars, broken and crumbled (NOT crushed)
- Bake chocolate cake in 9x13 pan according to package directions.
- Cool; then crumble.
- In a pan, on low heat, melt all the peanut butter chips with whipping cream and 1/2 cup milk.
- Stir until completely dissolved; cool.
- Beat 4 cups milk with 2 boxes pudding; let thicken.
- In a LARGE (the one you use for potato salad for a potluck size) bowl, spread 1/2 the crumbled cake.
- Layer with 1/2 the peanut butter mixture.
- Layer with 1/2 the pudding.
- Repeat the layers a second time.
- Top with Cool Whip and sprinkle with candy bar pieces.
- Chill for 2-3 hours before serving.