Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From a book called The Goodness of Peppers. It suggests serving this colourful, crunchy salad in late summer when peppers, tomatoes and corn are all at their sweetest and most succulent.
- 2 cups fresh sweet corn (about 2 cobs)
- 2 sweet red peppers
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 vine ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups rocket (or arugula)
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 -2 tablespoon parmesan cheese, shavings
- Remove all the husks and fibres from the cobs and slice the kernels off the cobs.
- Put the kernels in a pan with some water and bring to the boil. Cook for about 8 minutes or until tender. Drain well and reserve.
- Remove the caps, pith and seeds from the peppers and finely chop the flesh.
- Combine the corn, peppers, celery, garlic, tomatoes, rocket and parsley in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper together. Pour over salad.
- Sprinkle Parmesan shavings over salad and serve.
This was fresh, tasty and we loved it!! I forgot to add the parmesan - for sure, next time, I will add it - even though the salad was perfect as is!! :) Used a mix of salad (rocket, lettuce, spinach). Thanks CulinaryQueen!!