Recipe by CulinaryQueen
From a book called The Goodness of Peppers. It suggests serving this colourful, crunchy salad in late summer when peppers, tomatoes and corn are all at their sweetest and most succulent.
Top Review by Redsie
This was fresh, tasty and we loved it!! I forgot to add the parmesan - for sure, next time, I will add it - even though the salad was perfect as is!! :) Used a mix of salad (rocket, lettuce, spinach). Thanks CulinaryQueen!!
- 2 cups fresh sweet corn (about 2 cobs)
- 2 sweet red peppers
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 vine ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups rocket (or arugula)
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 -2 tablespoon parmesan cheese, shavings
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove all the husks and fibres from the cobs and slice the kernels off the cobs.
- Put the kernels in a pan with some water and bring to the boil. Cook for about 8 minutes or until tender. Drain well and reserve.
- Remove the caps, pith and seeds from the peppers and finely chop the flesh.
- Combine the corn, peppers, celery, garlic, tomatoes, rocket and parsley in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper together. Pour over salad.
- Sprinkle Parmesan shavings over salad and serve.