Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This goes with Pistachio Apricot Tart Filling
Make and share this Sweet Tart Dough recipe from Food.com.
- Combine the butter and sugar in a medium mixing bowl or the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with paddle and beat on medium speed for 5 minutes until the mixture is fluffy, soft and almost white in color.
- Beat in the vanilla and the egg yolk and continue beating for another two minutes until the mixture is soft and resembles butter cream.
- Place the flour in a strainer and sift it all at once over the butter mixture using a rubber spatula.
- Fold the dough until no traces of flour remain.
- Scrape the dough onto the center of a 12 inch square of plastic wrap and shape it into a rough disk.
- Cover with another 12 inch piece of plastic and press the dough until it is about 1/4 inch thick.