Tender chicken thighs are ideal for grilling. They are moist, flavorful, and small enough to cook quickly. Try this easy and very spicy marinade for a tasty flavor boost use Hot As Hell Habanero Zucchini Jelly Hot As Hell Habanero Zucchini Jelly
- Combine jelly, garlic, herbs, and oil. Spread mixture between skin and meat of each thigh. Place in a large ziplock bag with thighs. Refrigerate overnight.
- Prepare grill.
- Remove chicken sprinkle lightly seasoned salt.
- Cook marinade for 5 minutes over medium low flame.
- Grill 25-30 minutes, turning occasionally until cooked throughout.
- Discard skin if you want before serving. Top with spicy marinade.
This was a very nice recipe--didn't quite knock our socks off though to get to the "loved it" range. I used 5 thighs and 5 drums for my crew. Didn't have pepper jelly (being in the boondocks limits running to the store for last-minute items!!), so I subbed in a cup of raspberry jam and added about 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper. Felt the bite, but NOT overpowering or burning (which was fine by me!). Sweet and spicy, just like the recipe title says! The kids thought this was a nice change for barbecued chicken--we all love our raspberries! Very neat way to put the marinade UNDER the skin, so it's up-close-and-personal with the meat! Served it with oven-baked skin-on herb-buttery potato wedges and "oriental style" veggies. Dessert was Chocolate Fudge Pudding Cake with vanilla ice cream. Thanks for a very nice recipe; recipe wording is a bit awkward (see #3; #4 there wasn't much marinade left in the container for cooking...and to what consistency?) I will make it again WITH the Pepper Jelly to get the "real" flavor.