Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
An exciting combination of "Sweet n Heat" in a dipping sauce for finger food. The flavor of the orange & ginger really come through before the heat comes to the party. Grilled or fried wings tossed in this sauce is great.
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 ounces fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 orange, zest of
- 2 Thai red chili peppers, finely chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients in small pan over medium heat.
- Bring to boil then reduce to simmer.
- Simmer until liquid has reduced by half.
- Strain liquid into serving bowl or shot glasses & return about 1/4 of the strained ingredients back to the bowl for garnish.
Delicious! Really orangey and gingery. An excellent dipping sauce (pictured left in my photograph, next to Dipping Sauce by the same chef). Reviewed for Pick A Chef, Fall 2007.