Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Perfect for chicken, pork or beef!
Make and share this Sweet & Savory Tailgating Rub recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- In a medium bowl, mix together all ingredients.
- Rub onto chicken, pork or beef; allow to rest 5 minutes before grilling.
- OR wrap in foil and refrigerate overnight and grill the next day.
- Yeilds enough rub to cover 2-3 lbs of meat.
- Store unused rub in an airtight container.
This infused our roast chicken with tons of flavor. It would be excellent for foods cooked on the grill. It makes a lot, though--we had a big roasting chicken and had rub left over. Thanks for posting!
This turned out delicious for us. I used less sugar but other than that, followed the recipe. I used it on chicken breasts and yummy! Made for Zaar 1-2-3 Hits Tag Game 2011.
This is a great rub, and I think it would be great on larger pieces of meat....like a pork loin or a boston butt. You have to be careful because of the brown sugar.....it can burn if not watched carefully. The taste is wonderful....can't wait to use it on a nice large smoked boston butt!