I found this recipe on familyfun.com They used pecans in the recipe, but I am sure you could sub any nuts you choose. They use a bit of canola or corn oil in the glaze, you could use a mild flavoured olive oil as well. These would be a great addition to any holiday goodie basket. They do say to avoid putting the nuts in plastic bags because the coating will rub off. The best method to package them would be in a small glass bowl wrapped with cellophane, or in a small decorative tin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or less to taste)
- 1Toast pecans in a 350F oven for 6 minutes, or till they smell good & have started to change colour.
- 2Stir spice mix together.
- 3Combine glaze ingredients in a heavy pot, bring to boil over medium heat, whisk constantly.
- 4Stir nuts into glaze & continue stirring till all the nuts are shiny & the liquid is gone, about 1 or 2 minutes.
- 5Pour nuts in a mixing bowl, sprinkle on spice mix & toss to coat nuts.
- 6Spred on parchment lined cookie sheet and bake at 350F for 4 minutes.
- 7Watch carefully to make sure they don't burn.
- 8Cool & store in airtight container (but not a plastic bag).
Browse Our Top Garnishes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet & Savory Spiced Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1551.7
- Calories from Fat 1323
- Total Fat 147.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1746.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.8 g
- Sugars 38.5 g
- Protein 18.2 g