Prep 1 hr
Cook 5 mins
A delicious homemade sausage that is a real treat at any breakfast or brunch.
- 1 lb ground lean pork (or minced)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh white breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Combine pork, bread crumbs, milk, syrup, orange zest, parsley, paprika, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well.
- Shape into 12 patties, 1/2 inchthick and 2 inches in diameter.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour to 2 days at this point to blend flavours if possible.
- Cook in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through.