1/1 Photo of Sweet Sausage Mediterranean Penne Pasta
This recipie was inspired by #269690 with alterations to our family's taste. My husband and I made this for some friends while on vacation and it was a huge hit, even with all the children ranging from 8 to 18. I hope everyone enjoys it as much as we do. This is a very popular request for meals at our house.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 link sweet Italian sausage (we like Johnsonville)
- 226.79 g box penne rigate
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic (diced, Del Monte makes these)
- 170.09 g jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 56.69 g can black olives, sliced (or can use fresh)
- 118.29 ml butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- 9.85 ml dried oregano (or to taste or can use fresh)
- 9.85 ml dried sweet basil leaves (or to taste or can use fresh)
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese, fresh shaved
- 1Cook pasta per directions on package.
- 2Cut asparagus into 1 inch pieces.
- 3Slice sausage links. In large skillet (we use a wok), sauté sausage and asparagus until almost fully cooked (about 7 - 10 minutes). Remove from skillet / wok and set aside.
- 4In same skillet / wok, bring butter, garlic, tomatoes (with juices), black olives (drained) and artichokes (including marinade), to a boil.
- 5Lower heat. Add back sausage and asparagus, basil, and oregano then simmer for 5 minutes.
- 6Place pasta in serving bowl and pour skillet / wok mixture over pasta.
- 7Sprinkle with fresh shaved parmesan cheese and serve.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Sausage Mediterranean Penne Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 680.4
- Calories from Fat 342
- Total Fat 38.0 g
- Saturated Fat 20.5 g
- Cholesterol 103.5 mg
- Sodium 1127.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 32.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic