Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
When we made this we didn't have spring roll wrappers but used filo pastry instead which worked a treat.
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 vanilla pod
- 1 lime, juice of, only
- 3 ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted and cut into small pieces
- 12 spring roll wrappers
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- oil (for deep frying)
- Bring the water and sugar to a boil in a saucepan, and add the vanilla pod and lime juice. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool and remove the vanilla pod. Add the mango pieces. Leave to marinade in the syrup for 2 hours (or overnight).
- Place a little of the filling on each strip of spring roll or filo pastry and fold up in a triangular shape. Use a little cornflour and water mixed to a paste to seal.
- Heat the oil and deep fry the samosas until golden brown, drain on kitchen paper and serve with coconut cream or a selection of exotic fruits such as lychees, rambutans, mangoes, kiwi fruit or star fruit.