Recipe by Julie421511
I found this amazing recipe in Woman's Day magazine. Trust me this recipe is delicious, rich and decadent. It has slightly more of a candy bar texture than brownie. It reminds me of a Take 5 candy bar. I made this for Mother's Day and everyone thinks I'm genius. Baking time includes refrigeration.
Top Review by RSL
This is really more of a candy than a brownie. They're a little too thick for my liking, I would use a somewhat larger pan next time. The instructions don't say whether the pretzels should be crushed or not; I lightly crushed mine and I like the finer pieces better than the larger ones. I don't particularly care for these, but I believe the recipe worked as intended and this is just personal preference. I was very excited to try them as I love sweet/salty things, but these just don't do it for me, sorry. Made for PAC Spring '11.
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 60 saltine crackers, finely crushed
- 14 ounces fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cups bite-size pretzels
Directions See How It's Made
- You'll need a 9 inches square baking pan lined with nonstick foil to extend about 2 inches above opposite ends of pan.
- Melt both chocolates and the butter in a large bowl in microwave or in a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring often, until blended and smooth.
- Remove from heat; stir in cracker crumbs(you should have about 2 cups) and milk until blended.
- Fold in 2 cups of pretzels.
- Spread evenly in prepared pan. Lay remaining pretzels on top leaving space between.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1.5 hours or until firm.
- Lift foil by end onto cutting board. Cut into 6 strips then cut each strip into 6 squares.