1/1 Photo of Sweet Red Pepper and Gouda Soup
1 hr 10 mins
Staten Island Slovak's Note:
I was recently in Gettysburg where I had a bowl of sweet red pepper and gouda soup. It was really good. I couldn't find a similar recipe on this site, but I found one on a blog spot called "dinnerdoldrumsnomore". It came out just like the one I was served... So, here it is... Enjoy! --The Mad Slovak --
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Place the red bell pepper, onion and garlic in the saucepan and saute for 15 to 20 minutes OR until tender.
- 3Pour in the chicken broth, stirring well.
- 4Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 5Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth. Do this in batches as necessary depending on the size of your blender. Be careful not to overfill your blender.
- 6Return the liquid to the saucepan over medium low heat.
- 7Stir in the heavy cream, the ground black pepper and cheese, and allow to heat through about 5 to 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Red Pepper and Gouda Soup
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.3
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 56.0 mg
- Sodium 578.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: