Recipe by Lainey39
Seasonal radishes, such as the multicolored Easter egg variety, are wonderfully sweet and more tender than the more common red radishes sold year round at the grocer. But any variety will shine in this salad.
- 2 bunches small radishes, trimmed and cut into thin wedges
- 1 cup salted and roasted mixed nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 pinch chili powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl, combine the radishes, nuts and cilantro.
- Toss to combine and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add the cumin, mustard seeds, turmeric and chili powder.
- Cook, stirring frequently, 3 minutes.
- Add the ginger and sugar and cook another minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Set aside, to cool.
- Drizzle the dressing over the radishes and toss well.
- Divide the lettuce between 4 serving plates, then top each with a quarter of the radish mixture.