1/2 Photos of Sweet Potatoes for the Grill
Add in a pinch of cayenne pepper for a little heat is desired, you can also bake these in the oven --- these may be prepared hours in advance placed in the foil pan and refrigerated just drizzle on the orange juice before grilling :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- 2Generously grease a heavy medium size shallow disposable foil pan.
- 3Cut the sweet potatoes into thick slices, then place in a large bowl.
- 4In a small bowl combine the brown sugar with thyme and lemon pepper; sprinkle over the potato slices in the bowl and toss to coat.
- 5Arrange the slices in layers into the pan.
- 6Dot with butter (at this point you may refrigerate until ready to grill).
- 7Pour the orange juice over the top.
- 8Cover with foil.
- 9Place on the grill, then cover with the grill lid.
- 10Cook for about 15 minutes, then remove the foil and do a test for doneness, if needed cook for additional time until they are to your liking, you may need to add in more orange juice if potatoes begin to dry out.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potatoes for the Grill
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.3
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 110.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 24.1 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: