1/1 Photo of Sweet Potatoes and Black Beans
This might not be for "everyone"...but we have found it curiously yummy for a week night meal without meat. If you love sweet potatoes and want to try them in a savory mix of black beans, rice and cumin...then come on! If you want a richer sauce, add 1 T. butter to the orange juice mixture. (Recipe compliments of Betty Crocker.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place sweet potatoes in 2 quart saucepan; add enough water just to cover; heat to boiling, reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 10 minutes until sweet potatoes are tender; drain and set aside.
- 2Mix orange juice, cornstarch, cinnamon and cumin in same saucepan.
- 3Heat to boiling. Boil about 1 minute, stirring constantly until thickened.
- 4Stir in sweet potatoes, beans and rice.
- 5Cook about 2 minutes, until hot. Serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potatoes and Black Beans
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.6
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 346.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 9.8 g