Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
A layered dish consisting of white potatoes, sweet potatoes and a maple cream sauce. This is from a local restaurant that got so many requests for the recipe that they posted it for everyone to use. Try it and you won't be disappointed. I use a mandolin to slice the potatoes.
- Prepare at least 24 hours in advance of serving.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and butter a 9 x 12 baking dish.
- Layer the slices of potatoes in the pan. Begin and end with sweet potatoes. Five to eight layers depending on how thin the potatoes are sliced.
- In a sauce pan, combine the cream, syrup and brown sugar. Bring to a boil and stir constantly. Remove the mixture from the heat and pour over the layered potatoes.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Let cool and cut into 2 x 2 inch squares while still in the pan. Refrigerate for 24 to 48 hours. If you don't, it won't set properly and will be "soupy".
- Before serving cover and microwave on a safe plate or serving platter.