1 hr 10 mins
A layered dish consisting of white potatoes, sweet potatoes and a maple cream sauce. This is from a local restaurant that got so many requests for the recipe that they posted it for everyone to use. Try it and you won't be disappointed. I use a mandolin to slice the potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare at least 24 hours in advance of serving.
- 2Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and butter a 9 x 12 baking dish.
- 3Layer the slices of potatoes in the pan. Begin and end with sweet potatoes. Five to eight layers depending on how thin the potatoes are sliced.
- 4In a sauce pan, combine the cream, syrup and brown sugar. Bring to a boil and stir constantly. Remove the mixture from the heat and pour over the layered potatoes.
- 5Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Let cool and cut into 2 x 2 inch squares while still in the pan. Refrigerate for 24 to 48 hours. If you don't, it won't set properly and will be "soupy".
- 6Before serving cover and microwave on a safe plate or serving platter.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Strata
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.8
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 65.2 mg
- Sodium 51.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 2.8 g