Gyudon (Beef Bowl)
photo by Air Force Mama
- Ready In:
- 1 lb very thinly sliced beef (fatty beef chuck or ribeye, For a quick meal use already browned ground beef, drained of grease)
- 1 small onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup mirin
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sake
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon hon dashi powder (see recipe description on where to buy)
- 4 cups cooked rice
- Combine water, mirin, soy sauce, sake, sugar and hon dashi powder.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Add beef (or already browned ground beef) and onions and stir.
- Cook until beef is cooked through (unless using already browned ground beef), about 5 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning with soy sauce and sugar to taste.
- Divide rice into 4 deep rice bowls.
- Put simmered beef on top of the rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!