Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I LOVE this recipe. I found it online and have made a few tweaks to it. It is very quick and easy to make, even for beginner cooks.
- 2 boneless pork loin chops, 3/4 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon oil (for frying)
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- Pre heat oven to 350°. In a small, non-stick skillet, brown pork chops in oil. Place in an 8 inch square baking dish, coated with non-stick cooking spray. Layer with sweet potato. Drizzle with butter.
- In small saucepan, combine orange juice, brown sugar, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Pour over sweet potato.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until pork reached 160° and potato is tender. Remove pork and potato, and keep warm.
- Pour pan juices into a small saucepan. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Then, stir into juices. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve over pork and sweet potato.
I added apples per a similar recipe that I was looking for. We really enjoyed this.
Everyone in my family enjoyed these pork chops. The sweet potatoes tasted amazing with the sauce. It smelled so good while it was baking. Thank you for sharing!