Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
My version of a recipe from Oxygen magazine. This tastes a lot like pumpkin pie! The cook time is the time to chill the potato.
- 1 small sweet potato
- 354.88 ml skim milk or 354.88 ml unflavored light soymilk
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- 0.25 ml pumpkin pie spice
- The night before you want to make the smoothie, cook the sweet potato. I find the easiest way to do one potato is wash it well, prick it with a fork and microwave for 8-10 minutes, flipping over once. Let cool and store in the refrigerator over night.
- When ready to make your smoothie, pull off the potato peel.
- Blend all ingredients together until the mixture is smooth.
MMMMM...that's about sums it up. This was such a treat Iooked forward to the whole time I was running this a.m....knowing this was going to be waiting for me. Wonderful, with just the right amount of spice added. I also threw in 3 icecubes even though my sweetpotato was cold. I did as you posted in your recipe about cooking the potato the night b/f. Saves lots of time if you want this in the a.m. after a good work-out or run. I'll definitely be keeping sweet-potatoes on hand for just this recipe. Thanks Jen~ Made for My3Chef's.!