Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
I am always looking for new ways to prepare sweet potatoes; these are unusual and really good! I wonder if pumpkin would work as well…
- 236.59 ml flour
- 59.14 ml corn bran
- 4.92 ml cream of tartar
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 0.59 ml cinnamon
- 0.59 ml nutmeg
- 177.44 ml shredded sweet potato
- 59.14 ml raisins (I like the golden ones)
- 78.07 ml buttermilk
- 22.18 ml oil
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Add the sweet potatoes and raisins.
- Add the buttermilk and oil.
- With floured hands knead the mixture for about 2 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to ¼ inch thickness.
- Cut into 2 ½ inch rounds.
- Transfer to a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 475 for 6-8 minutes. Serve warm.