Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Although this recipe has been slightly tweaked, the original was found in the Taste of Home July 2008 cookbook, Picnics, Potlucks & Barbecues. Preparation time does not include the time needed to steam the potatoes, nor does it include the time needed for the salad to chill.
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes, unpeeled, diced & steamed
- 1 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups mayonnaise
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine the first 4 ingredients.
- Stir in the mayonnaise (& hot pepper sauce, if using), mixing well.
- Cover & refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
This was "okay"~I really had high hopes due to the previous reviews. Has potential, might need to tweak for personal tastes.
Love Love Loved this recipe! I don't care for onions so left them out, and was generous with the tabasco in the dressing. I overcooked my potatoes a bit but that didn't affect the flavor - really enjoyed this - thanks for sharing the recipe!
This is fantastic and exceeded my expectations. For the mayo I used the one with olive oil and spring onions for the onion since they are finally available this time of year. I also used Chalula sauce for the heat. I served on a bed of torn romaine lettuce. I boiled some eggs to accompany the remainder of this salad tomorrow at work. Thanks, Syd! I will probably make this a lot. Made for Newest Zaar Tag Game.