1 hr 5 mins
From Betty Crocker and posting for safekeeping. "These mounds of flavorful mashed sweet potatoes nicely accompany ham, turkey, and pork. They're even more impressive when piped into rosettes". Can be made unbaked up to 24 hours ahead. Think it might even be possible to freeze unbaked and use within a month, making it possible for empty nesters to enjoy again.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place sweet potatoes in 3 quart saucepan; add enough water to cover.
- 2Cover and heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- 3Simmer covered about 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain.
- 4Shake potatoes in saucepan over very low heat until dry.
- 5Preheat oven to 425 degrees, if making same day.
- 6Mash potatoes, add remaining ingredients EXCEPT the last two--the 1 tablespoon butter and crystallized ginger.
- 7Beat vigorously until potatoes are fluffy.
- 8Drop potatoes by 1/2 cupfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets forming 8 mounds. Or spoon into decorating bag using large star tip or ziplock bag with corner cut off and form 8 rosettes. At this point, you either bake OR cover and refrigerate or freeze for later. If freezing, it will need to be thawed in fridge.
- 9When baking, brush remaining 1 tablespoon butter over rosettes.
- 10Bake at 425 degrees about 15 to 18 minutes or until hot.
- 11Sprinkle with ginger, if desired.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Puffs (Rosettes) Make Ahead
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.5
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 65.5 mg
- Sodium 144.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: