Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I don't remember where this recipe came from, but it is my husbands favorite during the holidays.
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pastry shells
- 1 lb sweet potato, cooked and peeled
- 1⁄4 cup margarine (I prefer to use real butter) or 1⁄4 cup butter (I prefer to use real butter)
- 1 (14 ounce) caneagle brand sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- In large mixing bowl, beat sweet potatoes and margarine until smooth. Add Eagle Brand, orange rind, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and eggs; mix well. Pour into pie shell. Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool.