This is not only wonderful for breakfast, but also as a different side dish with a nice baked ham slice.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk, fat-free is fine
- 1⁄4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (16 ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained and mashed (3/4 cup)
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 2 tablespoons pecans, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- In another bowl combine the next 4 ingredients, then add to the flour mixture.
- Stir until smooth.
- Add in sweet potatoes and combine well.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of batter onto a hot griddle.
- Turn pancakes when you see bubbles form on top of pancakes.
- Cook for just a minute more, or until edges look cooked.
- Sprinkle pancakes with the remaining pecans.
- Serve hot with maple syrup.