Recipe by Outta Here
A nice change from mashed potatoes. For variety, use yams instead of sweet potatoes; or rutabagas instead of parsnips. If you don't have tahini, use sesame oil
Top Review by loof
This is a great side dish! I scaled the recipe down (1 sweet potato and 1 parsnip) and just mashed and whipped them together by hand instead of using a food processor. I really like the cumin with the sweet potatoes. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 4 medium parsnips
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon tahini ((or more to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel sweet potatoes and parsnips; cut into chunks.
- Place in large saucepan and just cover with water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to medium and continue cooking until just soft, not mushy! (about 10 minutes).
- Drain; place in food processor and puree.
- Put puree back into saucepan; mix in the cumin and tahini (or oil) .
- Reheat over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.