- Ready In:
- 1 lb parsnip (6-8)
- 2 potatoes, medium sized
- 3 garlic cloves, in skins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk or 1/4 cup cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- peel and cut potatoes and parsnips in 1 inch cubes and put in steamer until very tender.
- roast garlic in small oven (Toaster Oven) for 15 minutes keeping them in there skins couple of drops of olive oil helps.
- in deep sauce pot melt butter and warm milk add garlic squeezing from skins with steamed potato and parsnip add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in food processer and blend until pureed. add sour cream and blend.
- Serve with your favourite roast, adding additional flavours at end for your type of roast flavour.
- Parsley root can be substituted if you cant find the parsnips.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Chef trained at college in Toronto Area and involved with Restaurants in Toronto either in the kitchen or ownership. Newest classic restaurant will be Featuring organic only ingredients and will open in mid 2010. The Organic Cafe For the Love of food keep eating