Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Frost with Brown Sugar Butter Cream Cheese Frosting.
Make and share this Sweet Potato Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cooked sweet potato, mashed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon maple extract or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream the butter and slowly add sugar, eggs and sweet potatoes. Sift the flour, baking powder, soda and spices together in a separate bowl.
- Mix the maple extract into the milk and Add dry ingredients alternately with the milk into the sweet potato mixture.
- Spoon the batter into lined cupcake cups.
- Bake in 350° oven for 20-30 minutes.