Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Taste Of Home 2011
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 2 cups fresh cranberries, can use frozen
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- Place sweet potatoes in dutch oven; cover with water.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat; cover and simmer 40-50 minutes or until tender.
- When cool enough to handle, peel or slip from skins & cut into 1/4 inches slices.
- Place half in a greased 2 1/2 qt baking dish.
- Top with half of the cranberries, brown sugar, and butter.
- Repeat layers.
- Pour orange juice over the top.
- Cover and bake at 350* F for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the walnuts, brown sugar, and cinnamon; cut in butter.
- Sprinkle over sweeet potato mixture.
- Bake uncovered, 10 minutes longer or until topping is golden brown.
- Prep time includes time to prep the sweet potatoes.