Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe out of a newspaper and it was very good and needed to share this with you...I doctored the recipe some and it was a hit..
- In large saucepan, cook sweet potatoes in boiling salted water to cover.
- Simmer till tender,about 15 min.
- then drain.
- Peel sweet potatoes and mash.
- Stir in 1/2 cup brown sugar,butter,cinnamon,nutmeg,and salt.
- Mix Well.
- Blend in milk.
- Pour seasoned sweet potato mixture into buttered 1 1/2 quart casserole dish or buttered individual bakers.
- Sprinkle with remaining 2 Tablespoons brown sugar.
- Bake in center of oven to 400 degrees for 30 min.
- or until heated through.
this was delicious. the sweetness wasn't overpowering either. i love the nutmeg in it.