Recipe by sugaree
This is how my mom has always made our sweet potato casserole on Thanksgiving. Not a big sweet potato lover, but this hit's the spot. It's definitely not one of those candy sweet recipes. Originally from the Waring Blender Cookbook cira 1956.
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup soft butter
- 1⁄2 tea salt
- 1⁄2 tea ginger
- 1⁄2 tea cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease 10 x 6 baking dish.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend about one minute stopping several times to stir the mixture down.
- Blend until the mixture resembles that of grated potatoes.
- Pour mixture into baking dish and bake for about 45 minutes.
- This can be mixed up a day or two in advance and baked the day you are serving.