Recipe by Joni W.
from Paula Deen's kitchen
Top Review by toddandfawn
This casserole is absolutely awesome! I get requests for it every year during the holidays - the whole family and friends ALWAYS want me to bring it! I actually use canned yams for the recipe to save on time - no one can tell the difference, and it makes my life easier! Can't say enough about this casserole.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted (1 stick)
- 3 cups cooked sweet potatoes, mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sweetened coconut
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 and place rack in center. Lighlty oil a large ovenproof casserole dish.
- For topping, in a medium bowl, stir together brown sugar, nuts, flour and 1/4 cup butter with a fork; set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together potatoes, sugar, coconut, raisins, eggs, vanilla extract and remaining 1/4 cup butter. Stir in cream, combining well. Spoon into prepared casserole dish. Spread topping over sweet potato mixture and bake until golden brown, 20 to 30 minutes.