Recipe by B.Brown
This a great recipe for holiday dinners and especially with ham.It blends together the sweet taste of sweet potatoes and the tangy taste of pineapples. It is a great recipe for people of all ages, once you get a taste you won't be able to stop sneeking until it is gone.All you have to do is try it.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans sweet potatoes
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 (8 ounce) bag marshmallows
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crushed pineapple
- 6 tablespoons butter
- walnuts (optional)
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain potatoes and mash them up and put them into a casserole dish.
- Put 3 tbs. of butter into the sweet potatoes.Mix and microwave for about 4 minutes.
- Take out of microwave, mix in 1 tbs. of cinnamon,1/4 cup brown sugar, lemon extract, and nutmeg.
- Heat again for 1 minute in microwave.
- Drain pineapples and mix into sweet potatoes. Level sweet potato mixture in the dish.
- Cover top of the sweet potatoes with marshmallows (uses about 3/4 of the bag) until the top is covered.
- Heat in microwave for about five minutes or until marshmallows become fluffy.
- Mix together the remaining 2 tbs. of cinnamon and 1/2 cup of brown sugar until well blended.
- Sprinkle cinnamon mixture on top of marshmallows until it is all gone.
- Melt the remaining 3 tbs. of butter and pour over top of the marshmallows.
- Heat the casserole for only three minutes more.
- Crush up enough walnuts to cover the top of the casserole.
- Cover the casserole with tin foil and refrigerate until cool or for 30 minutes.