Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
- Parboil potatoes until tender.
- Peel skin and mash.
- Next, mix eggs, salt, pepper.
- Heat oil in skillet and add a pinch of flour for oil testing.
- Drop potato mixture into skillet. Brown on both sides.
- Flatten down when you flip them.
- Add butter and honey and eat like a pancake. **I like homemade maple syrup with mine.
Sounded great, so I tried to make this. The mashed potatoes mixture turned out really gooey and frying goo was a challenge. I ended up making the mixture into mashed sweet potatoes by adding some panko, milk, and a little butter. The flavor was still great, I just wish the consistency of the mix was either a lot thinner (pancakey) or thicker (crab cakey)... I will just have to experiment when I try this again. Thank you for the idea!
I halved the recipe and used 2 large sweet potatoes and 1 egg..I should've maybe used 2 eggs though since I found they fell apart rather easily. Definitely will make again though, simple and different! Thanks!
I am sorry. This was not enough instructions for me. I didn't know the expected consistency of the batter so I kept adding ingredients (some more eggs and then went to adding milk). Still didn't get it right. I am sure it may be good but I need more specific instructions like the amount of potatoes (like in approx cups), and batter consistency expected. Thank you for submitting anyway.