Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is good fresh out of the bread machine or toasted with butter.
- 1⁄2 cup very warm water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes (nothing added)
- 4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 2 tablespoons powdered milk
- Add the ingredients in the order listed. Set bread machine for "white bread" with desired crust. I use "light" or "medium.".
This was really tasty! Just a hint of sweet potato flavor, so next time I may add more, but I wonder if that would mess up the recipe? For those who are new to bread making, salt kills yeast so I made sure to add the salt before the flour so the yeast wasn't sitting right on the salt.
Just getting ready to make this bread again. It really is a good bread. Just love it. I did use can pumpkin in this recipe instead of sweet potato and it is just as good. Thanks for the recipe.
This was delicious will definitely make it again