Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr
Casseroles Potatoes Luau Tubers Root Vegetable Hawaiian Hawaii Pacific Tropical Islands Usa .I have yet to get a chance to try this for my DH.
- 6 large sweet potatoes, Hawaiian
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- salt, to taste
- 6 ripe bananas, firm, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, mixed with
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 16 ounces crushed pineapple, drain, reserv. liq
- 1 cup pineapple juice, mixed with
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees first.
- Clean sweet potatoes and place in a large pot. Cover with water.
- Bring to a boil. Cook only until they're partially done and still firm. Drain and peel. Slice potatoes. and arrange a layer in a greased casserole dish.
- Dot the potatoes with butter and salt. Add a layer of bananas.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon mixture over bananas.
- Add one third of the drained pineapple. Repeat each layer.
- Add one final layer of sweet potato and top with the remaining 1/3 pineapple.
- Combine the pineapple and lime juices with the honey and pour over the sweet potato casserole.
- Bake in a preheated oven 350 oven for 40 minutes, or until browned on top.