Sweet Potato & Banana Mash
- Wash sweet potatoes and roast in a in a 375°F preheated oven for 75-90 minutes, or until soft and starting to release some juice.
- Add bananas during the last 15 minutes of cooking.
- While the potatoes are cooking melt the 2 tablespoons of butter in a skillet and toast the pecans over a medium heat, tossing often.
- All the butter will be absorbed and the nuts will be slightly fragrant.
- Add a bit of salt and toss again.
- After roasting let the potatoes cool enough to just handle them, peel and mash with bananas, melted butter, granulated sugar and honey.
- Season to taste and add more sugar if desired (it will depend on your taste and how sweet the veggies are to begin with) In a small bowl mix the 2 tablespoons of cold butter into the brown sugar with your fingers, it'll be lumpy, but that's OK.
- Spread the mashed mixture in a buttered baking dish, cover with pecans and sprinkle with brown sugar/butter combination. Bake at 350°F for 20-30 minutes until the topping is partially melted.