1/2 Photos of Sweet Potato and Pecan Risotto
Galley Wench's Note:
Found this recipe on the Southern Foods website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 59.16 ml butter
- 29.58 ml minced shallots
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut into small cubes (about 8 ounces or 2 cups)
- 78.07 ml chopped pecans
- 473.18-709.77 ml vegetable broth
- 236.59 ml arborio rice (about 6 to 7 ounces)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 118.29 ml fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 14.79 ml finely chopped green onion tops or 14.79 ml fresh parsley
- 1Heat vegetable broth to the boiling point; reduce heat to the lowest setting to keep hot.
- 2In a medium saucepan, melt butter; add minced shallot and pecans; cook until shallot is tender.
- 3Add rice and cook, stirring, until well blended.
- 4Stir in sweet potato and about 3/4 cup of the hot broth into the rice mixture.
- 5Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until liquid is absorbed.
- 6Continue adding liquid, 1/3 cup at a time, stirring frequently, until the rice and sweet potato are tender; do not over cook, the texture should be creamy a little loose, approximately 25 minutes (amount of broth added will be between 2 1/2 and 3 cups).
- 7Stir in Parmesan cheese and green onion or parsley.
- 8Taste test and add salt and freshly ground black pepper as required.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato and Pecan Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.4
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 41.5 mg
- Sodium 292.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 9.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: