- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut into small cubes (about 8 ounces or 2 cups)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 2 -3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup arborio rice (about 6 to 7 ounces)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion tops or 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat vegetable broth to the boiling point; reduce heat to the lowest setting to keep hot.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter; add minced shallot and pecans; cook until shallot is tender.
- Add rice and cook, stirring, until well blended.
- Stir in sweet potato and about 3/4 cup of the hot broth into the rice mixture.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until liquid is absorbed.
- Continue adding liquid, 1/3 cup at a time, stirring frequently, until the rice and sweet potato are tender; do not over cook, the texture should be creamy a little loose, approximately 25 minutes (amount of broth added will be between 2 1/2 and 3 cups).
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and green onion or parsley.
- Taste test and add salt and freshly ground black pepper as required.