1/2 Photos of Sweet Potato and Pecan Risotto
Galley Wench's Note:
Found this recipe on the Southern Foods website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut into small cubes (about 8 ounces or 2 cups)
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 2 -3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup arborio rice (about 6 to 7 ounces)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion tops or 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1Heat vegetable broth to the boiling point; reduce heat to the lowest setting to keep hot.
- 2In a medium saucepan, melt butter; add minced shallot and pecans; cook until shallot is tender.
- 3Add rice and cook, stirring, until well blended.
- 4Stir in sweet potato and about 3/4 cup of the hot broth into the rice mixture.
- 5Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until liquid is absorbed.
- 6Continue adding liquid, 1/3 cup at a time, stirring frequently, until the rice and sweet potato are tender; do not over cook, the texture should be creamy a little loose, approximately 25 minutes (amount of broth added will be between 2 1/2 and 3 cups).
- 7Stir in Parmesan cheese and green onion or parsley.
- 8Taste test and add salt and freshly ground black pepper as required.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato and Pecan Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.4
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 41.5 mg
- Sodium 292.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 9.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: