Recipe by AmandaInOz
From Krystina Castella's book Pops! In addition to the ingredients you will need 24 Popsicle sticks and 2 ice cube trays.
- 12 pimento-stuffed green olives
- 5 tablespoons gin
- 5 tablespoons sweet vermouth
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the olives in half.
- In a bowl, combine the olives, gin and sweet vermouth. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- In a saucepan, combine 4 cups of water and the sugar. Stir over low heat until the sugar is dissolved. Let cool.
- Place 1 olive half in each pop mold in the ice cube trays.
- Add the gin mixture to the sugar water, pour into the ice cube trays pimento side down, and insert the sticks. Freeze for at least 12 hours.
- Remove from the freezer; let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes before removing the pops from the molds. Feel free to dip these in some gin for an extra kick, or serve them with a shot glass half-filled with gin for dipping.