Recipe by stephL13
These treats are always a favorite whenever I take them somewhere, but especially to those who love PB and chocolate! These are SO good!! I originally got the recipe from the PB Cookbook for Kids. Note: You can double the recipe and put it in a 9*13 pan.
Top Review by itsnevrenough
I LOVE these! I will probably do as the other reviewer and use just semi-sweet chocolate chips on the top rather than the butter/powdered sugar mixture next time. Delicious!
- 5 teaspoons butter, divided use 1 tsp to grease pan
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 3⁄4 cup roasted peanuts (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease 8" square cake pan with butter.
- Melt peanut butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and butter either in saucepan on the stove or in the microwave.
- Stir until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add rice crispies and peanuts (optional).
- Mix it all together.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the pan using a spatula.
- Place in the refigerator to harden and cool.
- Melt the stick of butter, either on the stove or in the microwave.
- Add the cocoa and powdered sugar and stir until creamy.
- Pour the icing evenly over the cereal mixture.
- Place in the refigerator to harden again.
- Cut into squares and serve.