Recipe by bramble
This is my mother's excellent sweet kugel recipe. It is a family favorite. You can use the substitutions to make it a little more healthy!
- 1 lb thin egg noodles
- 16 ounces whipped cottage cheese
- 1 can apricots or 1 can peaches or 1 can pineapple
- 1⁄2 pint sour cream or 1⁄2 pint plain yogurt
- 4 eggs, separated or 1 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- graham cracker crumbs (+sugar+cinammon+butter) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles.
- If you have eggs (vs. egg beaters), separate the whites and beat them.
- Mix everything together except graham cracker crust and egg whites.
- Fold in egg whites.
- If you want to add a graham cracker crust, prepare according to directions on box.
- Put ingredients in pan and, if using crust, sprinkle on top now.
- Bake at 350 for ~ 1 hour.