Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
The unique crust on this pie, made with crushed pretzels and honey, is the perfect salty-sweet note for its custard-like filling. Needs to chill for about three hours before serving. ENJOY :)
- 0.5 (8 ounce) bag pretzel sticks
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packet unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest, finely grated
- 1 cup heavy cream
- confectioners' sugar
- lime slice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put pretzels into a blender and blend until fine crumbs form, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a bowl, add butter and 4 teaspoons of the honey and mix until well combined. Press crumb mixture into bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate, leaving a 1/2-inch rim around the top. Bake until just crisp and golden, about 10 minutes. Set aside to let cool completely.
- Put 1/2 cup water and gelatin into a small pot and set aside for 5 minutes. Then,heat over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin is dissolved, 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together yogurt, remaining 1/2 cup honey, lime juice and zest. Stir warm gelatin mixture into yogurt mixture then pour filling into prepared pie crust. Refrigerate until chilled and set, about 3 hours.
- Beat heavy cream with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add sugar and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Slice pie and serve topped with dollops of whipped cream and lime slices.